Cost: $150.00 (USD)
Estimated Course Length: 4 hour(s)
IA Credit Hours: 4
- Upon enrollment you will have 16 days to complete the course.
- Windows Operating System with Google Chrome, Firefox, or Edge Browsers are supported.
- Mac Operating System with Google Chrome or Firefox Browsers are supported.
- This course will expire on January 4th, 2021. It will be replaced by Human Factors 2021 on January 5th, 2021.
The Human Factors course focuses on the human side of human-machine or human-system interactions in aircraft maintenance in order to develop ways to prevent or reduce the occurrence and consequences of human error in aviation. Participants will gain familiarity with the “Dirty Dozen” – twelve contributing factors that influence effective and safe job performance – as well as strategies to combat their effects. A combination of video and narration guide participants through four lessons based on real-life scenarios and including practical exercises that offer tools for preventing maintenance errors.
- The course consists of 4 lessons and a final exam.
- In order to receive a certificate upon completion of the course, the exam must be passed with a score of at least 75%.
- Identify the human aspects of aircraft maintenance
- Describe the human factors known as the “Dirty Dozen” and their effect on job performance and safety
- Understand how personal performance can affect the entire aviation system
- Develop strategies for preventing maintenance errors.